Come Play With Our Balls At Fresher's Week
And make sure you put them in the right holes.
It's back – that week where a frenzied sack of emotion explodes within a few square metres endearingly known as the quad. You're flustered, it's humid, you have no idea where the Humanities building is, you're confused, and before you know it you've hit a wall.
No, for real. There's a five-metre high wall in the middle of the quad and it might just save you from all your first-week-anxieties.
Vodafone is back at Fresher's week and they've brought their own version of the Great Wall.
The giant fun-structure is punctured with six holes, each of which represent a collection of points. Students are invited to grab their balls (lol) and try to throw them into the holes holding the highest set of points. They get 6 balls to try to score with. If a player is able to reach 200 points, they win a GoPro!
Even if you don't have the balls to win the grand prize, you'll get another gift that is sure to sweeten the Freshers Week experience.
So how do you get your hands on Vodafone's balls? Sign up to their mobile Student Plan, which is called YU (more info about the plan at the end of this article). If you're an existing YU customer, you'll automatically get a purple token. Purple token means 6 balls.
Students who refer a friend to join YU will get a red token they can redeem for 7 balls. They'll also get to play for a second time. In fact for each friend they persuade to migrate to or join YU, they will receive 7 balls.
Might need a little ball-sack for that.
Sponsored By Vodafone Malta – Mobile Student Plan YU
Lets face it – it would be impossible to handle Freshers' Week without being permanently online and in touch with your friends. Vodafone are offering a student plan that will make sure you are. They've also got you covered for all that free time in between lectures when you're walking around trying not to look like a lost sheep. With their plan you can ditch the public WiFi and stream your favourite songs and video clips at 4G speeds.
Here's how it works:
- Any youth aged 25 or younger who is a full-time student at any educational institution (Secondary School, Sixth Form, MCAST, University) is eligible to sign up.
- You can sign up for the plan by visiting the Vodafone stand at Freshers' Week (you could win a GoPro if you do – read above), or sign up here.
- For €7 per 4 weeks you get 2GB of data, unlimited calls to three of your BFFs even when out of credit and travelling in the EU. If you add just €5 to that plan price you'll get a 5GB allowance, an extra 1000 minutes of mobile phone time, and even extras. Have a look at the table below for all the info you need.
- If that's not enough for your social media habit it's super easy and cheap to activate the data booster add-on of 500MB for 1euro from www.vodafone.com.mt/yu or download the MyVodafone app from the Play Store or App Store. The add-on needs to be renewed every 4 weeks. Should you not purchase the data booster, the bundle rates for data are 10c/MB.
- Your YU and YU+ bundles are recurring and automatically repurchased every 4 weeks. So you don't need to worry about topping up your phone as you rush to and from Uni events.
If you have more questions head on over to the Great Wall. The people at Vodafone will be able to help you out. Have a great Freshers' Week!