Sure, June’s kinda had its bouts of rain, but this summer is gonna be horrifyingly hot; and we’re gonna need a few drinks to get through it. Here’s a few fun, frozen, and most importantly boozy treats to help you beat the heat.
1. Jack Coke Popsicles
Ever wanted that classic Paceville buzz without leaving your house? We got you covered:
1. Pour 1/2 ounce of Jack Daniels into each Popsicle mold. Pour two ounces of the flattened Coke into the mold and stir.
2. Cover and insert wooden sticks (or the stick on your Popsicle molds). If your molds do not have a cover, try adding a top layer of foil to keep the sticks in place.
3. Freeze for a few hours or overnight. The Popsicle may stick a bit, so just run some hot water on the outside of the mold to get the pop right out.
2. Mojito Ice Cubes
Some days you just want to come home from work, kick your heels off, and be handed something tasty.
- Mix lime juice and sugar till dissolved.
- Add water mix and pour into 2 ice cube trays.
- Place 1 lime wedge and 1 mint leaf in each section. Top with additional water if need. Freeze till solid.
- OPTIONAL: Drop into a a glass of rum for the full Mojito Experience
3.Rum and Coke Milkshake
The perfect thing to sip while chilling by the pool and working on your tan. Simple, Sophisticated, Delicious.
1. You’ll need 8 ounces pf vanilla ice cream, 1/2 cup coke & 2 ounces dark rum
2. Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Pour into a glass, top with whipped cream, and garnish with a cherry
4.Chocolate Kahlua and Baileys Ice Cream
If you’ve got a little more time on your hands and are feeling adventurous, you could make your very own ice cream. With Baileys, of course.
- You’ll need:
2 c. heavy cream,
14.5-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 bowl of Chopped Chocolate
1/4 c. hot fudge sauce, plus more for serving
2 tbsp. Kahlua
2 tbsp. Baileys Irish Cream
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form, 5 minutes.
- Fold in sweetened condensed milk until fully combined, then fold in chocolate, fudge sauce, Kahlua, and Baileys.
- Transfer mixture to a 9-x-5″ loaf pan and add one more chocolate swirl on top. Freeze 5 hours. When ready to serve, let soften 10 minutes. Serve with warm hot fudge.
Ice-cream, rum, AND coffee? I think i’m in love
- You’ll need:
1 small scoop vanilla ice cream
½ ounce Coffee Liqueur
1 ounce Coconut Rum
1 double shot freshly brewed espresso
freshly grated nutmeg (for garnish)
- Scoop ice cream into a coffee mug. Add coffee liqueur and rum, and top with hot espresso and stir briefly.
- Garnish with nutmeg and serve.
6.Strawberry and Lime Slushie (Non-alcoholic)
For those of you who abstain from alcohol (honestly you’re stronger than all of us) Here’s an easy sweet treat to help you keep your cool while all your friends are plastered.
- You’ll Need:
4 pints (8 cups) fresh strawberries
3 cups crushed ice
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup lime juice
- Set aside 4 strawberries for garnish if desired. Remove and discard caps from remaining strawberries. Place ice and 2 pints strawberries in blender or food processor. Cover and blend on high speed about 30 seconds, stopping blender occasionally to scrape sides, until almost smooth. Pour into 2-quart pitcher.
- Place remaining 2 pints strawberries, the powdered sugar and lime juice in blender or food processor. Cover and blend on high speed about 30 seconds or until almost smooth. Pour into mixture in pitcher; stir. Pour into glasses. Garnish with whole strawberries. Serve immediately.