Desserts spelt backwards is stressed. Well, that’s just a coincidence, because stressed is the last thing you’ll be after munching on that satisfying last course.
We love desserts, and Malta’s creative pastry chefs deserve a big fast kiss on the cheek for making desserts that are too almost pretty to eat. Almost.
1. This tart from Risette, Valletta
Smoked chestnut and coconut sorbet tart with warm cinnamon madeleines. Doesn’t it look like a staircase to heaven…?
2. White chocolate fondant from The Lord Nelson, Mosta
This fondant consists of mulberry, brittle and cornflakes ice cream. And it looks like dream.
3. The homemade desserts from Palazzo Preca, Valletta
Like this delicious white choc creme brûlée for example. Magnifique!
4. Mille Feuille at The de Mondion, Mdina
A classy dessert for anyone with a sweet tooth!
5. The Enchanted Forest, Buddhamann, St Julian’s
Consisting of a crispy vanilla meringue with a yoghurt and citrus mousse on a white chocolate and basil moss, finished off with cocoa sand and wild fruits.
It may not be on the menu anymore, but they can make this popular dessert upon request!
6. Reconstructed Imaqaret from Grotto Tavern,
A baked pastry with spiced date filling, served with carob ice cream.
An awesome twist on a beloved classic.
7. Any dessert from L’Artiglio
The menu at L’Artiglio changes on the daily, but having been there several times, can vouch that any dessert they offer will be the Picasso of desserts!
8. Baked dark chocolate from Patakka, Valletta
With saffron ice cream, chocolate paint, chocolate sand and red currants.
9. Super nuts and honey tart from Taro at The Villa, St. Julian’s
With goat cheese and clotted ice cream! Yes please.