Easter Sunday is just a day away, and Malta’s most beloved cafés, food joints and independent bakers have been working up to its arrival – they’ve really gone all out this year.
Take a look at our pick of the bunch from some of the most egg-stravogant confectionary creations we’ve ever seen – like, ever.
And remember, calories don’t count this long weekend. #geteggcited
1. This chick-tastic chocolate cake by Caffe Cordina
What can we say, we eggs-pect nothing less from Valletta’s finest café institution.
2. These giant chocolatey lollipops by Desirably Yours
Hand-decorated chunky choc lollies that come in a cute basket of tiny chocolate eggs? We’re sold.
3. These Mini Egg and Aero Brownies by Baked
With top notes of chocolatey mint to egg-cite the palette. Fabulously egg-stra.
4. This figolli Easter egg milkshake by New York Best
Again – figolli. milkshake. inside. an Easter egg. We just can’t even.
5. These Creme Egg doughnut bombs from Shoreditch
Cadbury’s Creme Eggs deep fried in doughnut batter. Somebody call the calorie cops.
6. These figolli American pancakes by Island Eats
Warm, soft and fluffy zesty pancakes oozing authentic marzipan filling. Mmmmmmmmm…
7. These OTT Kinder Egg caramel sundaes by Jar
Eggs-cuse me while I hyperventilate.
8. These vanilla Mini Egg cupcakes by Naked Bakes
Pretty pastel fairy cakes for the classier sweet-tooth. Eggs-quisite.
9. These crackin’ Creme Egg brownies also by Naked Bakes
Now that’s just egg-streme.