If You Love Cisk And Pancakes, This Will Make Your Day
A match made in heaven has landed in Valletta
Cisk has teamed up with Caffe Cordina to celebrate International Pancake Day 2017 by serving up some amazing Cisk pancakes. Yep, you read that right; Caffe Cordina pancakes... with Cisk. What a time to be alive.
The pancakes will be sold until Tuesday 28th February, which is when Pancake Day is celebrated around the world. With this latest addition however, Malta looks set to lead the international pancake race.
In case you can't make it to Caffe Cordina, or want to make a couple for your own at home, Cisk were also generous enough to share the recipe with everyone.
The ingredients for six pancakes are:
- 125g Flour
- 35g Sugar
- 30g Butter
- 250ml Cisk Lager
- 2g Vanilla Paste
- 1 egg
And here's how the magic happens:
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, vanilla and sugar. Gradually add in melted butter and the Cisk lager and keep stirring. Add the flour and beat until smooth.
2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
3. Cook the pancake for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side.
4. Serve hot with Café Cordina homemade jams or redcurrants.
5. Have an extremely good day.