7 Other Jobs Explained By Emanuel Cuschieri
Since apparently professional Podiatrists are "dawk li jaqtghu d-dwiefer".
Yesterday evening, the ex-president of the Labour Party Emanuel Cushcieri took to Facebook to discuss the end of Malta's podiatrists' strike. A strike very few people knew or cared about, until it was referred to as a strike by "people who cut other people's toenails".
This (understandably) upset some professionals in the field. But what would simplified versions of other jobs be like?
1. Periti - 'tal-lego blocks il-kbar insomma'
Translation: Architects - the ones who work with giant lego blocks.
2. Tobba - 'dawk li jbellawlek il-pilloli'
Translation: Doctors - the ones who give you pills.
3. Nurses - 'dawk li jaħsluk Mater Dei'
Translation: Nurses - the ones who wash you while you're in hospital.
4. Għalliema - 'tal-babysitting ta' filgħodu'
Translation: Teachers - the ones who babysit in the morning.
5. Accountants - 'dawk li jilgħabu bil-calculator'
Translation: Accountants - the ones who play with their calculator.
6. Psikologi - 'dawk li joqodu jsaqsuk kif inti'
Translation: Psychologists - those who keep asking you what's up.
7. Avukati - 'dawk li jaqlawlek xeba hassle man'
Translation: Lawyers - the ones who create a lot of problems.