Will and Grace, the iconic show that everyone loved (shut up, you know you did) has finally returned to us, if only for a hilarious 10-minute clip. While many of us saw our friends and ourselves in the characters, what would have changed if their characters were based even closer to home?
1. Jack and Will would be ‘straight’ for the first two seasons
And season three would be them “out to their friends, but not the family ta”.
2. They’d live in their nanna’s fancy Valletta apartment… with nanna still living there
Cue endless (and hilarious) interactions between nanna Guża and a whole array of gay men.
3. Karen would be married to Hugo
It’s a match made in Karen’s version of cash-flow heaven – we’d just need to convince him to have a toe-only cameo once a season.
4. Grace would work in marketing
It’s Malta’s answer to the ‘fashionable’ job choice anyway, as long as you pronounce it ma’keting.
5. Jack and Will would be buff AF
Cause you can’t be a high society gay in Malta without a minimum of eight abs.
6. They wouldn’t need to cast a Val
Every neighbour on our island is some level of crazy.
7. Rosario would be from the Philippines
A live-in house keeper in a rich person’s house? Nobody in Malta would bat an eyelid.
8. Jack would walk around with a Mary Spiteri doll
And we’d all live for the moment she teaches him to sing Tema 79 and asks him to “snap out if, tfajjel ċkejken”