If you are 18-years-old and were hoping to take up to four of your friends on an unforgettable EuroTrip courtesy of the European Union, you are in luck.
The DiscoverEU project is all about sending adventurous 18-year-olds to explore incredible and beautiful European countries. Successful applicants are handed a travel pass that becomes their key to Europe, giving access to international railways, buses and ferries, all free of charge.
Your flights out of Europe will also be covered; nice!
However, the application deadline closes in 11 days, so get applying if you are interested!
All you need to do is apply and answer five questions
The DiscoverEU project is a “chance to experience freedom of movement, better understand Europe’s diversity, enjoy its cultural richness, make new friends and ultimately, discover yourself” courtesy of the EU.”
Your holiday can be anywhere between one day and one month long – it’s up to you!
Maltese PN MEP candidate Peter Agius called the initiative a great idea, and called on Maltese youth to apply and experience Europe firsthand.
“This idea, which was started by the EPP Group in the European Parliament, is the kind of project that we want to promote for our teenagers to becomes closer to Europe,” he said.
You can also bring up to four additional friends with you
Just make sure they also fill out the application that will be sent to them after you submit their name.
If accepted, you will become a DiscoverEU Ambassador
In return for your free holiday of your choice, you’ll need to do the very hard and complicated task of uploading your favourite pictures and videos to social media using the #DiscoverEU hashtag.
Check out the fine print below
Who can apply?
You can only apply if you:
- are 18 years old on 31 December 2018, i.e. those young people born between 1 January 2000 (included) and 31 December 2000 (included);
- have the nationality of one of the Member States of the European Union at the time of the award decision (to be expected by mid-January 2019);
- fill in your correct ID or passport number on the online application form;
If awarded, you can only travel if you:
- start your journey in a country which is a Member State of the European Union at the time of the award decision;
- plan to travel between 1 day and up to one month;
- plan to travel between 15 April 2019 (first departure date) and 31 October 2019 (last return date);
- plan to travel to at least one foreign country which is a Member State of the European Union at the time of the award decision;
- are willing to become a DiscoverEU Ambassador.