OK, so everyone in Malta is still alive and a hurricane didn’t blow everyone away. But as bad weather is set to return soon after this morning’s sunny break, Maltese Instagram is serving up some proper #Winter vibes.
In some areas around the Maltese islands, things culminated last night with heavy rainfall and even hail. As people rushed home from work, some dramatic sunset shots were uploaded onto Instagram… only to be followed up by beautiful photos of this morning’s aftermath.
Ahead of another slew of stormy weather (particularly tonight), here’s what we woke up to on Instagram. New wallpaper anyone?
1. An epic sunset saw yesterday off ahead of the late night’s storm
2. And red was definitely the colour of the day
3. Many people might’ve slept through the storm, but it was still dramatic AF
4. As the sun rose, remnants from last night were given a new light
5. And the views were only more dramatic from the sky
6. This morning gave us #RainbowViews for days
7. But it looks like we’re only getting started…
In last night’s detailed update, local forecasting page Maltese Islands Weather explained that, while these meteorological conditions are actually “not at all unusual or too severe”, they too would still be issuing a warning, particularly for heavy rain and possibly even hail.
“The chance of heavy rain and/or rain is likely to come in two main episodes,” the page said, putting this morning as one of them. The other episode is currently penned for just before dawn tomorrow morning, with the situation improving substantially by Saturday. A strong wind warning is also in effect until Friday.