We often hear about women’s likes, and dislikes from a male perspective. Women’s desires are often dictated from a man’s point of view.
But what is it that women really want in their own words?
We spoke to over 200 Maltese women about what they want from a romantic relationship and their partner.
Here is what they told us.
1. Maltese women are clear about what they find attractive
Here are some of the most popular traits for Maltese women, and the percentage of respondents who found them attractive:
- Respectful: 89%
- Good sense of humour: 82%
- Similar tastes and preferences: 69%
- Good looks: 66%
- Good family: 46%
- Good job: 44%
- Well-built physically: 27%
- Good at cooking: 26%
- Wealthy: 14%
- High social status: 8%
2. Physical looks are moderately important for women
3. And the majority of respondents said they hadn’t had a one night stand
4. One trait was much more important than anything else for women
Respect was the most commonly cited thing that women wanted to see in their partner.
Honesty came in second, and loyalty came in third in preferences for women.
One respondent said “the quality of our interactions, a certain level of maturity, simultaneously a little impulsiveness, and bring artistic or appreciative of the arts,” is what is important to her.
Another said “not being selfish and caring about my beliefs, wants and needs. Also to be able to compromise,” was what she was looking for.
5. And similar traits were essential when a woman decides to settle down
Respect was still the most valued trait for women who are considering marriage. Loyalty came in second, and love came in third.
Some of the comments women left included “how committed they really are to spend the rest of my life with me”, “if they put in the same amount of effort in the relationship as you”, and “complete trust, understanding, and unconditional love.”
6. Women were very clear with what they found to be unattractive
Here are the top ten turn-offs for Maltese women:
- Overly demanding
- Poor hygiene
7. And it’s actually easier than you think to please a woman
It’s the little things that really count, our respondents said.
Surprise small gifts was one of the most romantic things you could do for a woman. Cooking or preparing a meal for them was also popular, along with booking a surprise holiday.
One respondent said to “show me their love in their own way, be it through their art or writing or whatever it is they do” and another said “actually I believe that it is the little things in life. Like my boyfriend keeping up with my moods.”
One woman simply said the most romantic thing her partner could do for her was “take time out of his busy schedule for us to go for a walk together.”
8. It’s worth noting that nearly a third of respondents had been in long-term relationships
And about one-fifth of respondents said their longest relationship was one year or less