د . إAEDSRر . س

BirdLife ‘Wait For Justice To Take Its Course’ As Maltese Man Charged With Killing Protected Storks Appears In Court

0
Article Featured Image

Following the shooting down of three white storks last Friday, a Maltese man appeared in court earlier this afternoon to be charged with the killing of the protected birds.

In light of this, BirdLife Malta have come out to express their satisfaction at the way the matter was swiftly and effectively handled, while looking ahead at a future with hopefully less of these episodes.

“We’re happy to note that information we passed on to the police along with others has led them to arraign a man,” BirdLife told Lovin Malta. “We wait for justice to take its course while hoping to see less incidents of this nature.”

The three white storks, which reportedly formed part of a flock of 18, were shot in the middle of the night on Friday in the Rabat / Dingli area. They were shot down just a few hours after landing in Malta.

A video uploaded by Birdlife shows the body of one of the shot birds in a field in the dead of night. Its feathers can be seen caught on a nearby tree. Birdlife filmed the retrieval of the dead bird’s body after whoever shot the bird left it behind.

Should you spot any form of illegal hunting, you can contact Birdlife Malta through their Facebook page or by calling 21347646.

READ NEXT: WATCH: Three White Storks Shot Down Over Malta In The Middle Of The Night

Endbanner

You may also love

View All

lovinmalta.com says

Do you agree to share your location with us?