د . إAEDSRر . س

Malta Finds 762 New COVID-19 Cases, Two Die While Positive For Virus

Article Featured Image

Malta found 762 new COVID-19 cases over the past 24 hours, while 1,107 people have recovered.

Two people, a 71-year-old woman and an 89-year-old man, died while positive for the virus, although the national health bulletin didn’t specify whether their death was the result of COVID-19. 

As it stands, 127 people who have tested positive for the virus are receiving some kind of treatment at Mater Dei, six of whom are in ITU.

Although the health bulletin didn’t specify how many of these patients are receiving treatment because of the virus, the health authorities stated a few days ago that 40% of admitted COVID-19 patients are directly related to the virus while the remaining 60% are ‘incidental COVID’ who test positive on screening.

READ NEXT: Malta's Quarantine Period Should Be Lower Than Ten Days, Chamber Proposes  

Tim is interested in the rapid evolution of human society brought about by technological advances. He’s passionate about justice, human rights and cutting-edge political debates. You can follow him on Twitter at @timdiacono or reach out to him at [email protected]

You may also love

View All