With Malta being perfectly placed in the middle of the Mediterranean and many people choosing to study or even live abroad, the subject of emigration seems to have resurfaced in discussions.
In a post on The Salott, members of the popular Facebook group were asked whether they would actually leave the island for good, and where they would relocate. While the post had nearly 200 replies, here are nine highlights.
1. Some people just want some peace and quiet
2. A lot people have central Europe on their minds…
3. … while others were clearly thinking of something else
4. That signature Maltese sarcasm of course made a reappearance
5. Some people reminded others that they can never be too sure about the future…
6. … even if some downsides are consistent
7. Some people are fed up of what Malta’s gradually becoming
8. But others took the perfect opportunity to offer a great suggestion
9. Many people, however, are willing to look past Malta’s shortcomings and wouldn’t consider leaving
Featured Photo by Markus Spona