7 Annoying Things All Foreigners Do When Using A Lift In Malta
Yes, we said lift, not elevator
Using a lift can be trick business, but we Maltese have got it down to an art. The problem is, these waves of foreigners flooding our buildings means they keep getting everything wrong.
Here's a few of the annoying things they do when taking the so-called elevator.
1. They press the button corresponding to the direction they're heading in
Don't you know you can press up and/or down and it doesn't matter in the slightest? Why only press one button when there's literally two calling out to be used?
2. They only press it once
Hello? Can't you see all the Maltese people angrily tapping the button repeatedly? This is a secret technique to make it appear faster, and you're not helping.
3. They stop talking when they're inside
How rude to suddenly fall silent. You're supposed to loudly continue talking to your friend over the heads of everyone else in the lift.
4. They don't get angry when their phones magically disconnect
Every time we take a lift we're taking a call in a lift, we're surprised our conversation is cut off due to bad reception. Surprised, and very annoyed.
5. They notice when the door behind them opens
They don't even try to kick down the door they're facing when it doesn't open. Shameful.
6. They don't try to strike up awkward conversations
How dare you not pry into my personal life till I feel uncomfortable. Who are you to not be asking me about what I'm doing in the building?
7. They don't mind when you press a different level to the one they need
Hello?! You're supposed to tut and be annoyed that someone else is using your lift.