7 Things To Know Before Dating A Teacher In Malta
There will probably be tears at least once a week
1. The weekends aren't for cute dates, they're for crafts and corrections
So get used to finding the romance between piles of copybooks and dribbling glue guns.
2. We'll randomly disappear if we see a student in public
Under no circumstances can they know anything about my life outside school - boyfriends/girlfriends included.
3. 80% of our savings will be spent on stationery
And anyone who thinks this is unhealthy doesn't deserve to be a part of our life.
4. Outfit stress for work is worse than for social events
No shoulders showing, no visible tattoos, kid-friendly clothes that might get covered in pen yet still look cute just in case a parent comes in to talk - easy peasy.
5. Summers can get boring and we'll constantly bug you at work
9:30 "Hey... how are you?"
9:41 "I'm going for a swim."
6. But don't ever mention how easy life is cause we have summer off
Seriously. We've covered this before - if you're jealous of our summers, by all means apply to become a teacher!
7. We may rage about our students - but only we can badmouth them
Seriously, they're still like children to me, and you teasing them or their work is not gonna fly.
Bonus: Don't get excited if you're friends with the parents of a student
Even the sweetest parents can get very annoying, very fast. "Did you know you teach Sarah's kids? She really lik-" Just stop.