9 Times We've Needed To "Build A Wall" In Malta
Seriously, we don't care who pays for it
The news that President Donald Trump is actually trying to build a wall has received divided reactions from all around the world. Say what you like, but America's new President sure knows how to work up the global crowd.
Meanwhile, in Malta, we've been prompted to think of all the situations that totally merit building a wall within our, smaller scale, community. Although, we doubt these reasons will be contested by anyone...
1. To zone out the excited secretary who insists on recounting all their weekend plans
I'm just going to take my coat off first, if that's okay.
2. As protection from the kunjata's not-so-subtle questions about when she's getting some grand-babies
I can't hear your 'aħjar taħsiblu's from here, sorry.
3. Whenever we wanted to indicate that a queue should be formed
Can we have two walls flanking this ATM please?
4. To shield us from other people's kids kicking sand into our eyes and mouths at the beach
Do you really think this is an appropriate place to bring your child?
5. Between us and all the pastizzi
We're never going to get those obesity rates down are we?
6. Between people who organise shit on Eurovision night and people who are sane
I don't care if your child only gets baptised once in their life – Malta is for sure going to win this year!
7. To separate the deodorant-wearers from the everyone else on the bus
I really don't care how rushed you were this morning...
8. To settle the great Panettone divide once and for all
There's only one way we can live in peace.
9. Between us and getting anything out of a customer care rep
There are so many obstacles to beat anyway, one more can't hurt.