We’re only a few days away from the return of everyone’s favourite TV show. The eighth and final season of Game of Thrones will be premiering this Sunday, and will have reached most Maltese screens (all entirely legally, for sure) by Monday.
But while we wait for the big day to arrive, let’s take a look back at some moments from past seasons and relate them to life here in Malta. Because since they’ve filmed here before, we seem to have claimed ownership of it anyway.
1. Thinking about summer
And that precious moment your feet touch the sand for the first time.
2. Trying to walk through Spinola on St. Patrick’s Day
Or during the World Cup. Or New Year’s Eve. Or any general Saturday evening.
3. Trying to survive family dinner
Or family anything for that matter. Pass me the glicine.
4. Waiting for someone to pick you up 45 minutes after they said they were “just round the corner”
… and it’s cold outside.
5. Waiting for someone to pick you up 45 minutes after they said they were “just round the corner”
… and it’s hot outside.
Maltese basically just don’t like waiting, but usually have to do a lot of it.
6. Eating nanna’s food at lunch time
You can taste the love. And the carbohydrates.
7. When you miss the bus by two seconds
And you give into the defeat as you watch it pull out of the bus stop.
8. Trying to stay awake during mass
But you can still feel that Big G’s pint circling inside you.
BONUS: When you tell someone that you don’t watch Game of Thrones
Not a GoT gif, but perhaps the most accurate one in this list.