While January and February tend to be as intense as Maltese winters get, mid-March is when things start going back to the island’s default warmer state.
With spring finally upon us, here are a couple of things most of us end up doing each and every single year.
1. Talks of Sunday picnics are brought up every week
But for the first couple of picnics, everyone is still feeling a bit too cold, so you all just sit there in huge jackets, trying to smile it off.
2. The sea starts tempting you into jumping in for a quick dip
And then you realize that it’s still fucking freezing.
3. You constantly get your outfit of the day absolutely wrong
You’re either going to hate yourself because you put too many layers on and it’s a particularly warm day, or you’re going to hate yourself because you decided to go out in a t-shirt because it’s sunny and you end up freezing your tits off.
Long story short; you’re going to hate yourself.
4. Whenever the sun hits your face, you just stop whatever you’re doing and stand still
5. You start getting hit by bouts of hay fever
Oh God, it’s happening again.
You reach out for all the medication you can get your hands on, but your head still hurts, your nose still burns, and your life still sucks.
6. You gradually start shifting around items in your wardrobe
Only to realize that you’ve gained / lost enough weight over the winter to make half your clothes absolutely unwearable.
7. You realize it’s starting to get warmer when your car’s interior is hot in the morning
And while it’s not that bad, some people who hate summer will already have started constantly complaining about the unbearable heat.
8. Quick Gozo escapes become a weekly consideration
Cue the overused hashtags.
#LetsGozo #Wanderlust #TheMostRewardingExtraMile