Shit To Stop Telling Periti
You're really going to complain about your hour of overtime to me?
Architects are admired the world over for their innate ability to combine art with pragmatism and produce amazing places for people to live in. In Malta, they're also hounded with inane comments and questions on an almost daily basis.
These are some of the worst offenders.
1. You must be really good at maths!
There's actually no reason I would be...
2. Why aren't buildings in Malta nicer?
It's a question we would love to reply to but... ain't no body got time for that. Sorry.
3. There's a crack in my ceiling do you think it's serious?
Hang on, let me just bring out my crack assessor...
4. You guys must make so much money
No we don't. We are seriously underpaid. Tifqanix!
5. Do you guys smoke weed at the office to be creative?
We would love to.... but no. Architecture is a bit more complex than just being creative.
6. Can we meet at 7pm please to discuss the plans, because I have work before that?
Sure no problem... I mean it's not like I want to go home at a normal hour like other people and HAVE A LIFE!
7. Can you meet the electrician on Saturday at 9am?
Also not a problem... architects don't deserve to have the weekends off.
8. Inti d-designer allura?
...Le, ta. I'm the architect.
9. We need to get the permit quickly. You can't speak to someone at MEPA?
No ħanini, wait in line like everyone else.
10. Any updates about the application?
No... we applied yesterday.
11. It took you that long to do that? Mhux a couple of lines?
You know what? Next time round you can do it yourself.
12. You get to work outside the office all the time, how lucky!
Yes... to climb ladders and check reinforcement. Exciting times.
13. I worked two hours overtime today... Ma, how tiring!
In the life of an architect that's every, single, day. #ieqaf