Stages Of Enjoying A Long Weekend In Malta
Time flies when you're... wasting it
Being gifted a long weekend is like someone giving you a fresh new outlook on life. Those extra 24 hours of freedom always make you feel like the world is at your feet. You can do anything – you have one day added to your weekend and that effectively makes you invincible!
So here's a play-by-play account of how you're going to experience your new-found fortune.
1. Planning everything you can finally do
You are excited. There's a new, hipster exhibition in a garage in Ħamrun you really need to be able to talk to your friends about, so that's on the list. Plus that book Auntie Doris gave you for Christmas has gone untouched, and there's never been a better time to start learning how to play the ukulele... #pumped
2. Stopping for a quick Facebook break
Okay, seeing as it's the first day, you've got plenty of time to stop and check what everyone else is planning on doing with their extra hours. Facebook pitstop!
3. Realising three hours have gone by
4. Checking the WhatsApp group to see what other people have planned
It's weirdly silent. About three people have asked if anyone's "up for something" without any concrete reply coming their way. You throw in a fourth for good measure.
5. You decide to watch a bit of TV
Just till someone answers you on WhatsApp.
6. After three more hours you start to feel shit about yourself
And phone up your girlfriend/boyfriend to complain about not having any friends and that there is never anything to do on this f***ing island!
7. You write off any activity suggestion as completely ridiculous
You want me to go all the way to Ħamrun to look at someone's blurry polaroid photos in a garage and pretend it's art? No, I do not care if everyone on the WhatsApp group is there!
8. You decide to have a shower and "decide after"
...which Netflix show you want to watch while you don't even contemplate leaving the house.
9. You promise yourself tomorrow will be different
You have SO many things planned!