Buckle Up For A Trip Down Memory Lane With These Nostalgic Photos Of Malta
From weird accidents to hunky sailors
Malta Once Upon A Time is a nostalgic Facebook page which does its best to take you on a trip down your grandparents' memory lane.
This page uploads snapshots of Malta way back in the day, when times were simpler and buildings were fewer. Here are some of the best photos from this page.
1. That time an apocalyptic storm destroyed all the cars in Xlendi Bay
2. Malta International Airport repping its 60s look
3. Back when ambulances looked more stylish
4. To a time when sailors were totally a thing on our island
5. Remember when the integration referendum was a hot topic?
6. Some things never change... like Msida's flood problem
7. While others change drastically... like Birżebbuġa
8. This super confusing photo of a flipped car
9. Spinola Bay when high rises were non-existent
10. An egg seller and an MMU milk truck in Floriana
11. A photo of Valletta from 1905
12. That time The Carlton Cinema in Sliema was on fire
13. This amazing bus with what appears to be a niċċa inside
14. Republic Street back in the day
15. Żabbar Road in Fgura is unrecognisable
16. Young kids celebrating the arrival of Il-Konvoj ta' Santa Marija
17. A destroyer being bombed during WW2 at the dockyard
18. A tragedy from 1952 when an RAF bomber crashed in Luqa killing three people
19. A horrific bus accident in Sliema from 1979
What do you think of these photos? Leave us a comment below