One of the most captivating things about Malta is its variety. Nothing is homogenous – we have markers of hundreds of years influences all over our urban environment, and they are a big reason why it’s so beautiful.
A much-loved example of these cultural vignettes is the collection of traditional shopfronts that we have peppered all over the island – mostly in the capital, Valletta. We’ve chosen some of the most stunning ones snapped by some talented Instagrammers. Here they are.
1. John the Butcher – Xagħra
2. Barber Shop – San Ġwann
3. Electro Store – Valletta
4. Simpson – Senglea
5. Economical Grocery – Birgu
6. Carmelo Azzopardi Pastizzeria – Valletta
7. Anthony D’Amato Records – Valletta
8. Carmen Bar – Valletta
9. Joseph Ciappara Ironmongery Store – Rabat
10. Rio Bazaar – Valletta
11. John Camilleri Fishing Tackle – Valletta
12. Splendid Bar – Qormi
13. Pretty Bazaar – Ħamrun
Don’t forget to use #LovinMalta when you’re snapping a gorgeous Maltese shopfront!