Thailand is an insanely popular destination with people from all around the world, and Malta’s been slowly becoming a significant part of that hype. With so many backpackers, entrepreneurs, honeymooners, thrill-seekers and gap-yearers travelling halfway across the world, there must be something very special about Thailand.
Here are 27 reasons why we reckon you should get make your way to Thailand as soon as possible.
1. It has scenery straight out of fantasy films
2. You get to travel everywhere on a moped without a care in the world
3. Everything is super cheap
4. Clear waters which seriously rival Blue Lagoon’s
5. You will encounter so many new and unique experiences which will open your mind
6. You can get an amazing massage for the price of a coffee back home
7. Thailand is street food heaven (and it’s also super affordable, surprise surprise)
8. The Thai people are genuinely the nicest and friendliest on Earth
… maybe even more than the Maltese, dare we say.
9. The partying and nightlife is as good as it gets
Think Paceville’s golden years… multiplied by hundred.
10. There are dogs on every corner and beach you come across
11. Thailand’s temples are stunning no matter what religion you practice
12. Like the concept of island hopping? Crank that up to 11
13. The sunsets are something else
14. You can get delicious fried chicken pretty much everywhere for breakfast, lunch or dinner
… and God knows we Maltese people love fried chicken.
15. Seriously, the place is absolutely magical
16. Oh and yeah, awesome wild elephants
17. The diving is incredible, especially when you can end up face-to-face with a whale shark
18. The hotels, villas and places to stay are pure luxury
19. Nothing beats the thrill of nipping through the streets on a tuk tuk
20. Things are even prettier when you head inland…
21. … and you’ll be able to find your very own private waterfall
22. Bangkok is as amazingly raw and energetic as capital cities get
23. There’s an actual festival where everybody gets drenched with huge water guns over a couple of days
Songkran Festival sounds hella fun.