Sometimes, you’ve got to hide a pill in a slab of cheese for someone to swallow it.
In this case, the pill is useful information about the budget, and the cheese is Malta’s latest viral sensation, the X Factor Malta.
1. When someone suggests you should watch the budget because “it’s important to know what’s going on”
We know, it’s good to stay up-to-date, but the new episodes of Netflix’s Big Mouth sound a lot more appealing…
2. When a friend explains how the funds announced are going to benefit you
You need a translator, sure, but now you’re both vibing at the idea of saving cash money.
3. When the government is trying to convince you they’ll spend money on environmental initiatives
I’ll believe it when I see it… so I guess I’ll never believe it.
4. When they mention a plan to help ease parking problems
Now you’re speaking my language!
5. When they announce facial recognition CCTV is actually happening
Sure, there’s a heavy safety element to it – but it is pretty creepy.
6. Hearing the ‘simple’ summary that’s meant to help
Was this meant to make it easier?