The second edition of JCI Malta‘s Global Goals Awards was held at Chateau Buskett last weekend, and the night saw ten winners being announced from 32 nominees across a wide range of categories. And hey, our very own Chucky Bartolo was one of the winners!
Chucky took home the award for ‘Impactful Reporting’, which JCI Malta had elaborated on in a previous Facebook post.
“Together with a team of journalists, Chucky supported the start of Lovin Malta back in 2016 which has since then taken the Maltese Islands by storm and can be said to be one of the most followed websites locally. Lovin Malta features in-depth articles together with fun Buzzfeed-style listicles with a Maltese twist. By moving on from his previous job as a supply teacher, Andrew has managed to turn a new website into an instant hit. Chucky has managed to pass on information in an unbiased way especially when covering the 2017 General Election by making use of different types of media like polls and sharing information about the parties’ campaigns.”
Other awards which were given out on the night included the Entrepreneurial Accomplishment Award (which saw Plait-CEO Daniel Fenech taking home the prize) and the Environmental Sustainability Award, recognising the great contribution by Swedish-Maltese clean-up queen Camilla Appelgren.
Here’s the full list of the winners of each category:
- Contribution to Peace and Human Rights Award: Mel McElhatton
- Entrepreneurial Accomplishment Award: Daniel Fenech
- Environmental sustainability Award: Camilla Appelgren
- Healthy Lifestyle and Wellbeing Award: Vladyslava Kravchenko
- Humanitarian Leadership: Martina Caruana
- Impactful Politics Award: Rosianne Cutajar
- Impactful Reporting Award: Chucky Bartolo
- Quality Education Award: Heath Schembri
- Scientific or technological Development Award: Antonino Mazzonello
- The SDG Conscious Cultural Achievement Award: JD Farrugia