A father of a Maltese youth that was involved in a hit and run incident outside Mdina Gate has pledged to find the driver of the silver Fiat Punto that injured his son and a friend.
Saviour Formosa, who is a Professor of Criminology at the University of Malta, has called on the aggressive drivers to hand themselves in.
In a public Facebook post, he made it clear that he would not be resting until the reckless driver and his accomplice had been caught.
Hit and Run: To the Punto driver and witnesses
To the driver of Fiat Punto colour silver who was involved in a hit-and-run on Sunday 23rd December at 1845-1850 in front of the Mdina main entrance next to the horsecab shelter:
– go to the Rabat Police Station and turn yourself in
– know that you hit two youths whilst overtaking
– know that you caused injuries and damage
– irrespective of the fear you might have felt at the moment, you should by now have grown a pair and owned up and prepared to make reparations to your victims
– your passenger is as guilty as you are and now an accomplice
– even if you fix your passenger-side lamp and even if you cut your long hair, the search will continue
– we WILL FIND you
Should any witness have any information about these reckless people kindly contact the Police or pm me
The culprit is still at large
Police confirmed today that they are still investigating the incident which left the two youths with minor injuries.