Man Who Died In Marsaskala Fire Was Rushing In To Save Neighbours

The 35-year-old was identified as Gordon Spiteri

Screen Shot 2018 02 18 At 14 11 14

The man killed in a fire in an apartment early this morning has been identified as Gordon Spiteri, a new resident of Marsascala.

New reports have said the man died from complications due to smoke inhalation after rushing in to save the other people trapped in his apartment block. Sources have also said today was Spiteri's birthday.

According to a report on ONE News the fire was caused by a heater in the bedroom of one of the block's apartments.

Spiteri was found on the ground in the common area of the apartment block and was certified dead in hospital a short while later.

An investigation is currently underway.

Written By

Chucky Bartolo

If there's no Mariah Carey GIF or reference to Eurovision in this article, just assume they've been edited out against my will.

Comments