Media Today, the company heading both the Malta Today and Illum publications, tops the list for print advertisements from the Land’s Authority for 2019, raking in close to €50,000 in the first seven months of the year.
The figures, revealed in a parliamentary question, detailed how €174,208 was split across six media houses, with the Labour Party’s Kullħadd surprisingly at the bottom of the list.
Media Today generated €10,000 more than their nearest rivals The Times of Malta, despite them publishing three weekly newspapers (including Illum) compared to The Times who has a daily publication and much larger readership.
Here’s a look at which media companies benefitted from Land’s Authority funds:
1. Media Today (Malta Today and Illum)
2. The Times of Malta (including the Sunday edition)
3. The Malta Independent (including the Sunday edition)
4. L-Orizzont and It-Torca (The General Workers Union)
5. Il-Mument and In-Nazzjon (The Nationalist Party)
6. Kullħadd (The Labour Party)