د . إAEDSRر . س

No Indication Maltese People Among Victims Of Easter Sunday Terror Attacks In Sri Lanka

0
Article Featured Image

There is no indication that any Maltese people are among the victims of today’s mass terror attack on churches and hotels in Sri Lanka.

“The Ministry is closely following the situation in Sri Lanka,” a spokesperson for the Foreign Affairs Ministry told Lovin Malta. “There is no information so far about any Maltese being among the victims.”

Over 130 people were killed and hundreds more injured in explosions at three churches and three hotels and officials have confirmed nine foreign nationals were among the casualties. No group has yet claimed responsibility for the attacks.

R0 0 3500 2380 W1200 H678 Fmax

Photo: AP

More than 50 people were killed in a single church, St Sebastian’s in Katuwapitiya, where worshippers were celebrating Easter. The church posted photos of the destruction onto social media and has urged the public for support.

Sri Lanka’s Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe condemned the blasts as a “cowardly attack on our people”.

“I call upon all Sri Lankans during this tragic time to remain united and strong,” he tweeted. “Please avoid propagating unverified reports and speculation. The government is taking immediate steps to contain this situation.”

READ NEXT: Easter Sunday Horror In Sri Lanka As Terror Attacks On Churches And Hotels Leave Over 100 Dead

You may also love

View All

Thank you for subscribing!

Your email has been added to our list.

lovinmalta.com says

Do you agree to share your location with us?