An infuriated Maltese vacationer took to Facebook to open up about his stay at a Gozo farmhouse that quickly turned into a holiday from hell.
“What had to be a nice holiday in Gozo turned out to be a nightmare,” the holidaymaker said. “We were impressed by their website regarding policies and disinfecting due to COVID-19, but we were absolutely fooled.”
A flurry of amenities at the farmhouse turned out to be faulty or unsanitary; the pool water was dirty, pumps weren’t working, and the microwave was rusty – therein posing a significant health hazard.
The dirty pool water allegedly lead to a skin infection which prompted the vacationer’s stay at the farmhouse to be cut short.
Some aspects of the farmhouse were allegedly borderline life-threatening: “The shower door fell as soon as I opened it, luckily it fell on me and not on my kids.”
But the problems with the farmhouse didn’t stop there.
“We had a cockroach invasion – and when I say invasion I mean 20 cockroaches in approximately 15 minutes,” the holidaymaker said. “We had to put towels in the gaps between the cupboard and the wall to avoid more cockroaches coming out.”
Whilst the farmhouse owner offered the resident a refund for three nights, the vacationer went on to say “nothing justifies what I am still suffering.”
The Facebook post prompted a flurry of reactions from commenters who have gone through similar experiences. A particularly concerned reader said “Never go to Gozo for a holiday!”.