People often say there’s nothing a good cocktail can’t fix… and by people we mean our team at Lovin Malta. That’s why we took a trip down to Hilton Malta’s Quarterdeck Bar to learn how to make a couple of stunning cocktails ahead of their much-anticipated Gin and Jazz Nights on Thursday evenings.
If you like what you saw – here’s the instructions on how to make them.
1. The Cucumber & Mint Martini
- Chill a glass with some ice ahead of time
- In a shaker mix 5cl of Hendricks Gin, 2cl of sugar syrup and the juice of half a lime
- Pop in the cucumber slices and mush the whole thing together
- Add mint, ice and shake it well
- Throw out the ice from your class and double strain the drink from your shaker into the glass
- Garnish with lemon peel
2. The Lovin Malta Bil-Bajtra Cocktail
- In a glass mix 2cl of Bajtra Liqueur, 2cl Campari, a dash of sugar water and a dash of lemon juice (sweet and sour mix works best)
- Shake it well
- Pour the whole thing over a tumbler filled with ice
- Add Kinnie to taste
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and sprinkle the whole thing with icing sugar
And there you have it! Simple cocktails that look (and taste) fancy AF. Cheers!