You passed that tough test, got engaged, failed an exam or got dumped by your partner. Whatever the situation all Maltese people face at one point or another, there’s a cocktail at a bar with your name on it. And here’s how you can make it.
1. Unclench with Negroni Originale
It’s noon on a Saturday, and you and your mates meet up for drinks. Your friend Julia has been stressing over a university deadline all week, while Anna just got a promotion and Luca still can’t find love.
A refreshing, zesty drink by the pool to forget your week’s dramas is exactly what you guys all need.
How to make Negroni Originale:
- Mix 1 part Malfy Originale gin with 1 part Campari and 1 part Italian Rosso Vermouth
- Serve in tumbler filled with ice and a large slice of orange
2. Make life sweeter Con Limone
In Malta, Sundays equal family which equals drinking… and lots of it.
Mix it up from the traditional grappa or limoncello that your nannu is known to order, and prepare an Italian Lemonade cocktail for your family to enjoy.
How to make Italian Lemonade:
- Mix 2 parts Malfy con Limone with 1 part (Sorrento) Limoncello in a highball glass
- Add 3 parts soda, lots of ice and garnish with a wedge of lemon
3. For when you want to enjoy the Bella Vista
You and your friends get into your cars and drive to Mistra Bay.
It’s perfect weather to go for a walk, have a picnic and kick a ball while enjoying a sweet drink as you take in the last of these sunny days.
How to make La Bella Vista:
- Pour 2 parts Malfy con Arancia over ice in a highball glass
- Add 3 parts fresh grapefruit juice and a splash of soda. Stir and garnish with a fresh wedge of orange
4. Pink drinks on Fridays
You and your girls are getting ready for a night out; each is at her battle station applying mascara and contouring her cheeks.
And you’re all equipped with the essential ammunition; a Pink Gin Fizz, of course.
How to make Pink Gin Fizz:
- Mix 1 part Malfy gin Rosa with 2 parts prosecco
- Serve in a prosecco flute – garnish with a grapefruit twist
All these drinks’ common secret ingredient (which we’re sharing with you, shh) is Malfy Gin.
This citrus-forward spirit consists of a strong lemon sherbet mouthfeel with the classical juniper hit.
Its origins are from a small product-base made by the Italian Vergano family, yet the brand grew through the entrepreneurial endeavours of Elwyn Gladstone, the founder of Biggar & Leith.
Malfy Gin is a chance for those wary of traditional gin to explore different varieties of the drink, while allowing gin-lovers to extend their gin palette.
When Malfy Gin is tasted neat, the lemon is overwhelming and bordering on a sherberty limoncello.
You can find this premium product in Smart, Valyou and Park Towers supermarkets, and Cash & Carry outlets such as Piscopo and Charles Grech Liquor Stores, Drinks n More, Frank’s Sliema, Ellul Wines & Spirits, Habits, Hansa and Bottles & Bottle in Mellieha. Imported by GST Co Ltd