Things That Happened On Every Night Out In The 2000's In Malta
When getting home cost you 50c and potential abduction
Some Maltese people might say that social night life on the islands reached its peak in the 00s. Others might disagree – but they would be wrong. We're standing our ground firmly on this one by declaring that nothing will ever compete with the Sugar Shakes and the Axises of the world.
So get on board – we're about to journey to the heyday of your social upbringing. Here's a complete list of everything that unfailingly happened on a noughties night out.
1. There were always two rounds of pre-drinks
One at your (parents') house, one at the park opposite Ħexa/Fredu's – depending on how old you are.
2. Also: everyone always carried pre-mix
Tiding you over from the journey from pre-drinks to pre-drinks follow up.
3. You always knew whether or not your crush would be in PV
Because his/her MSN 'nick' would change to Hacienda/Sabor/Plush tonight! without fail on Friday... morning.
4. But you didn't always know whether your friends would show up
Because Sarah never had any fucking credit on her phone to answer your message.
5. But everyone showed up for shots
And "Tray Vodka Redbull" didn't even sound like three separate words anymore after you'd shouted it five hundred times over The Alley's ten looping rock songs.
6. Sometimes you would start the night at Snooker Hall
For just one game of air hockey... Until you had no money left.
7. Or at Bamboo if it was 'tourist season'
Nothing starts the night off like a sweaty, lycra-clad patata jiggling in your face.
8. You had to psyche yourself up for the Axis queues
Did we finish the pre-mix?
9. But it was totally worth it once you got in
10. Of course you'd have to go outside every half an hour to get some air
Read – check where the fuck your crush went.
11. And then you'd spot them on the Montrose balcony
"Getting off" with your frenemy. #StillHurts
12. So you spend half an hour in the toilets crying to your friends.
"Xiż-żobb jaralha għid?!"
13. Only one thing could cheer you up
Hot dog from Ed Diner's?
14. Okay, maybe two things...
A mid-night-out Amigos pizza slice?
15. Before you celebrated your last leg of the night with Karaoke at Memories
And more shooters... #treyvodkaredbull.
16. And a final pizza round at the eternally-open: Sunrise.
If you made it to Sunrise, you'd won the night.
BONUS: Your ride home cost 50c
In a white Wembley van with twenty other people and a driver that may or may not have been a murderer.
Now you can relive the 2000's all over again with Bring It Back! Is Back!!, celebrating all things 2000's at Gianpula on the 21st of October. DJs Jesmar, Sonik, Julian Drury and Brian Roskin will be playing the hits we all know and love all night long. So what are you waiting for, book that babysitter, get the old klikka together and dust off your dancing shoes.
Click here for tickets.
Sponsored By Bring It Back
Bring It Back is a promotion that targets the seasoned clubber from 25 to 35 years old. We play all the hits from early to mid 2000s.