If your restaurant’s business suffered this year, you’re probably doing something wrong. It’s time to stop blaming the new hipster place that opened next door and start sorting out some of the basics. Here are a few simple resolutions that can make a big difference.
1. I will always accept credit cards
Also, start researching mobile payments and don’t be the last to the party.
2. I will provide WiFi and it won’t be password protected
Do you want to be asked by every other person to read out your super complicated password? What are you even trying to protect?
3. I will put down the balsamic glaze
Seriously, just ban it from the kitchen, please. And while you’re at it…
4. I will curate a decent playlist
Spotify is your friend. Spotify Premium is everyone’s friend.
5. I will offer a breakfast and brunch menu
Baked eggs perhaps? Go cray.
6. I will cater for vegans and vegetarians
A meal without meat is still a meal. You don’t have to be an ass about it.
7. I will provide lactose and gluten free options
Maybe something a step up from soy milk and gluten free burger bun.
8. I will get creative with my desserts
We all love a good snickers cake when we’re munching out but that doesn’t mean it should be the only thing on your dessert menu. And here’s a crazy thought: what if you had a healthy dessert option?
9. I will make good coffee
Ok, we don’t really think this will happen but y’know, just in case.