If you grew up in or around a pepe household, you’re going to be rolling with nostalgic-laughter at this Maltese guy’s amazing round-up of shit all pepe parents say.
We picked out some of our favourite lines from his hilarious video. Too good.
1. “Now we get together ta! Nagħmlu girls’ night”
Every pepe mother’s annual escape from reality…
2. “Aqta minn miet?!”
Guessing who died is always the hottest conversation starter.
3. “Get off the phone and revise!”
We can still hear our mum’s shrill voice piercing through our ear drums.
4. “L-oħra – going out, drinking shooters, u daw l-affarijiet…”
Ah yes, we’ve all heard our parents talk about us to their friends like we were the literal scum of the earth.
5. “I’m not going to be with you in the exam!”
Nothing screams encouragement more loudly than reminding your child oh-so-cruelly that they are absolutely on their own.
6. “Jew a handbag of Burberry, or a polo neck…”
The classic gift-buying advice. You can’t just suggest the same thing every year, Ma!