Despite a fair few controversies surrounding certain names (we’re looking at you, parents of Cleavage) Malta also has a few funny names that are perfectly acceptable overseas. Take Joshua: a wonderful name to most of the world, and an endless potential for Josh ommok jokes here locally.
For these unfortunate Facebook users, there’s no hope for them if they chose to start a new life in Malta.
1. This poor fella would have his ass on the line
2. And this one highlights the term jibbrilla
3. This person would be a laugh at parties
“U le, mhix gravi ta.”
4. And you’re going to need to say this one out loud
But there’s an omm, a qaddisa and a few other expletives in there.
5. This one is just too easy
6. While this person would have a terrible reputation before they even got to know you
His name also including the closest thing to razza doesn’t help.
7. This man would endure endless call of x’g?andna ?ej?…
And somehow the ‘mlang’ just makes it dirtier.