IN PHOTOS: More Awesome (And Adorable) Costumes From Nadur's Spontaneous Carnival Celebrations
From creepy clown families to entire classrooms
Strong winds and non-stop rain might've lashed the Maltese Islands for most of last weekend, but it didn't dampen the spirits of thousands as they descended onto the sister island of Gozo for some annual Carnival revelry.
And while one particular stunt might've garnered all the (negative) attention, there was yet again a lot to see at Nadur's spontaneous carnival celebrations this year.
Here are some of the weirdest and most wonderful costumes from Nadur last night, courtesy of Anaca Photography.
1. Flowers in tutus, because why not
2. The most adorable farmers around
3. The Knight of Nadur
4. This Oreo couple
5. A trio of crybabies
6. Bubble wrap styling
7. Just monkeying around
8. Creepy clown central
9. Two masks are better than one
11. Doctor on call
12. Some good old lewd humour
13. Introducing the Bat family
14. These guys literally brought an entire classroom to the streets of Nadur
15. And this group had a Villa Rundle romantic photobooth set up, including an impromptu makeup session
In the meantime, due to last weekend's stormy weather, look out for extended festivities this weekend, which will see Malta celebrate Carnival during Lent for the first time ever.